5.31.2008

5K day!

Today some girls from work and I ran a 5K at Frame Park in Waukesha. It was an absolutely gorgeous day to run, a perfect day for a race! Race...what am I talking about? I was just hoping to actually finish the race. I did, in a whopping 31 minutes. Usually when I run, I run between 5.2mph and 5.7mph on the treadmill. Let me change the word run to jog, because in essence that is what I am doing. That equates to about 11min miles, or so. 6.0mph would be a 10 min mile. So today, I was running at a faster pace than I normally would train. It went pretty good, the last 1/2 a little rough, but I made it through. It does give me the itch to start training for a half, but then I wake up to reality and realize I must be a crazy person. Maybe when I have a bit more time on my hands, again, not sure when that would ever exist. Jeff and the kids came out also to cheer me on, which was nice. It was held at frame park, which is a course that runs around a park with a river (people were water skiing today), and also had a huge playground area, which Maddy absolutely loved! She is at the perfect age now, she is not afraid to go up and play by herself, or with other kids. And again, the weather was 70 degrees and sunny with a little wind, what could be better.
I have been keeping up with Jason's blog. He is now out in Las Vegas with Dan, another CCPL member, at the WSOP. I will add a few notes about anything exciting that goes on, if anyone is interested! Jeff and I have a Brewer game tonight, hopefully it will go as well as last night, and the roof beTTer be open tonight!!!
Talk to all later!

No comments: