5.05.2008

i love the Wii

Things were a little off during the CCPL stop at the Ehrhardt's. Mark, our tournament director, was not going to make it to the event. His car broke down in Waukesha, and said he would not be able to make it. So, we had to scramble a bit to figure out chips, blind structure, running the tourney, etc. We decided that we would leave it up to Farkas, who is no stranger to running a good tournament. Initially our plan was to both try to get the kids to bed, before the start of the game, which is supposed to be 7:00. Luckily, with Mark not being there, things got off to a slower start. We were able to get Winn to sleep at 7:00 and Maddy shortly after. I was a bit concerned about having 19 extra people in the house and hoping that the kids would stay sleeping. Well, by some sort of miracle, all worked out well. With the exception of my master plan (Jeff and I placing 1st and 2nd). Jeff was knocked out 11th and myself 6th, oh well. It was still a fun night of cards and company. If anyone is really interested in hands, etc, you can probably check out Jason's blog if interested. As of now, there is nothing posted yet.







A notable....Iggy took 3rd place, and Angie took 2nd. Followed by Adam M, who finally placed. He has been 2nd and 3rd a lot this season. There is a number of players from the CCPL that will be heading out to Vegas for the world series of poker. Hopefully they will come back with good stories and lots of $$$$!! Igg'y plan was to post and muck for an extended period of time, then come back to the tables and go all in on one hand. Good thing he decided against that.
There were a lot of suck outs on the river, as usual. As stated in the previous post, I don't really remember hands, expect that I lost with A 10s to J Ko, sucks. Jason and Angie were in hand that knocked Jason out. Angie was in (unbeknownst to Jason). Jason's turn to act, he raised all in, I folded. Jason thought myself and him were the only ones in the hand, so he turned his cards over, I believe he had a 2 8o. Angie was planning on calling with her A Ko. I am pretty sure that was it for Jason, I could be wrong, that is why I don't have a poker blog. It was a funny hand so I had to mention it.
Iggy also brought the Wii over to play, which for those that don't know, it is the newest Nintendo. It is so fun!!!! I am not really a fan of video games, but this is really interactive. There is boxing, bowling, tennis. You actually stand there and swing like you are playing tennis, same with bowling, etc. The sad thing is, as often as I work out, my triceps are still so sore from the boxing game. Yikes!!
Here is a pic of Jeff and I playing the boxing game.



Now I want the Wii!!!! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I am impressed! Running and playing in a poker tourney while getting the kids to bed and them staying asleep! Go Super Mom!
My cousin is having a baby this week. I might be at the hospital.