5.03.2008

Poker night!

I am sitting here, by myself. What??? No kids??? Maddy is sleeping and Winn and Jeff took a ride over the the Iggy's to pick up a poker table. Thanks Jeff :) I am watching one of my favorite movies, Oceans Eleven, eating Doritos's and posting on the blog. What could be better? I can think of many things, but I'll take this.
We spent the evening yesterday after the kids went too bed, cleaning the house. More importantly, cleaning the playroom. For a long time now, we've had master plans to make the computer room into a playroom for all of Maddy's toys and whatnot. Now first of all, the computer room hasn't really been the computer room since we stepped up to the world of laptops. The other dinosaur has been sitting on the desk in the "computer room" for a very long time now non-functioning. We finally got our butts into gear and moved the computer and desk out and toys in. It looks pretty good for one night of hard work. The next mission impossible is the fish tank. Jeff has had a fish tank for 10 yrs. It has been functioning approx half the time. Sad to say, we have seen a lot of fish come and go. But Jeff is bound and determined to get it up and running once again. I will keep you posted on this mission...
We are hosting the Ehrhardt stop on the CCPL, that's the Cream City Poker League, for those who don't know of this exclusive club. This is the 2nd season of the CCPL. We generally play once each month, sometimes more often. There are usually between 15-20 regular players and we usually rotate homes each month. It's pretty fun, I am doing horrible this year. I am convinced that when I am pregnant I play poker much better. But I will settle for bad poker at this time, and for a long time after...2 is enough for me!
Maybe tonight will be a change of events. A fellow CCPL member has a blog as well, covering his way to the World Series of Poker. Jason is a great player, who remembers every hand he ever played, while I soon forget a few minutes after I lay my hand down. Oh well. Poker junkies, check out Jason's blog if interested. I'll catch everyone up on the standings of tonight's poker game. Hopefully the Ehrhardt's will be on top!!

No comments: