5.26.2008

WSOP 2008


I have not posted in a very long time. We have been so very busy, out of town the last 2 weekends. A few notables of events in the past week. Last saturday Jeff and I played in an annual World Series of Poker event. There was approximately 32 people playing and the top 6 would be paid out. A few years ago I made the final table, but this year, I was knocked out 12th, missing the final table by 2 players. My hand was pocket 7's, the flop came 4d, 7h, Jc. So, I was sitting here with trip 7's, no possiblity of a straight or flush on the board. I raise a decent amount and Joe J calls. We are the only players in the hand. The turn is a 9d. I again bet big and I get a call. I was pretty confident that I had the best hand, so the river comes Qh, and I go all in. I was sure that Joe wasn't holding a 8, 10 to make the straight, and there was no flush. He calls, and says, you got the straight? I did not, I show my trip 7's, and he flips over the pocket jacks, making trip Jacks. I wasn't a very happy camper to say the least. But I had a fun time. Pete took 4th place, and Don took first (first time for a repeat win). One funny thing that happened was a guy had a dinner to attend at 5pm. We started playing cards at 2pm. He was playing really aggressive to get rid of his chips (I am not sure why he was even playing in the first place), but of course he kept winning hands. This would only happen when you would not want to win (again, I ask, why anyone would do this???) Long story short, Chris M was posting blinds and mucking cards until Nate returned. Normally this would not be allowed to happen at a tourney, but is was a friendly game. He made it to the final table. Too funny. He had $50 left and was all in with a 5, 10 against Kings.



The board comes 4, 8, 6. With no money left, the was no betting. Turn was a 7 giving Nate (again, not present) a straight. The next hand he was all in again, and lost. Finally the game could return to normal. We had a fun time, no cash, but still some good poker and conversation.

No comments: