8.17.2008

So many fests...

I was going a little stir crazy at home, so I called up my dad and we took the kids to Irish Fest. I was originally planning on returning to the Zoo, but really, how many times can one go to the zoo in a given week? I know that Tracy trumped me there with her 3rd visit. Granted it was Zoo Ala Cart, but still. I was there thursday and friday. I now have leftover tickets for food but what can you do?
So we went downtown to Irish Fest for a few hours. We had a really good time! It was ungodly hot, but ok in the shade. Maddy had fun dancing the Irish jig (I used to be able to do that in my day (that would actually be 2nd grade with Ms. Haberski the nun.)) We had some Irish stew and fish and chips and a few delicious Irish beers to top it off. And of course some ice cream! The kids had fun, I think just getting out of the house was nice. Jeff is on his way home, and is off tomorrow. We'll have to find something fun to do. I have my list of to do's: none of them fun for the kids, haircut, oil change, get bowling balls and grocery shopping...and no zoo!

No comments: