8.06.2008

Grill out

I see that my posts are out of order! I have had no time to post anything. Like Jenny, I have too many pictures taken at too many events. I am now having time to load them on the computer. Anyways, Friday evening, we went over to the Ignatowski's to grill out and have the kids play together, and adults too! See below pictures. Maddy and Taylor were so cute together. They are 3 months apart, I hope they become friends like their parents! They were really cute towards the end of the night. Giggling in the Dora tent and giggling getting their jammies on. All kids went to bed great, then it was time for the adults to play. So we decided on the Wii. Jeff and I have played before, and I distinctly remember being a little sore the next day, I think from the boxing! We did some bowling, tennis, baseball. Then we moved to the WiiFit game, which is a series of fitness exercises (yoga, strength training, aerobics, etc). Jeff doing yoga poses was pretty darn funny! He did achieve yoga trainer, as I myself, was yoga master. This title, as you will read further on, did not bode me well. I must have done something wrong, because I woke up the next day and could not move. I woke up at 4am, and I literally could not move my neck or back in any direction. I was feeling very nervous about this. Now I have obviously experienced muscle soreness from lifting weights and running,etc. but NEVER like this. I was concerned that I really hurt something. After the kids had breakfast, I was still not able to move well. I could walk, but I couldn't rotate my body at all. Jeff took me to Froedert and after some drugs, I was feeling better. I strained my trapezius muscle, which is the large triangular shaped muscle in your upper back. I was instructed to take lots of ibuprofen and muscle relaxers, as appropriate and percocet if needed. That day, I felt really bad, but after a good day of rest I feel that I am back to normal. I feel so silly! The MD's at Froedert said they have been waiting for the Wii related injury. Mine did not qualify, as I didn't dislocate my shoulder or anything like that. Of well, got to keep things exciting here.







 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Over 4th of July. I totally strained my traps on the wii too! Not as bad as you, but I was playing by myself with no one to compete with. I thought it was from taking too many pictures, but then the next day I played it again and totally felt it.