6.13.2008

St Romans Weekend

Ah, St Roman's Festival Weekend...the kick-off of summer, a favorite meeting place, and of course the place where Jeff and I first met. Yeah, yeah, Shmoopie Shmoopie...But, truly, this weekend is always a pretty fun time. Most everyone knows the story when Jeff and I first met. We actually met at the SRF beer paddle booth. Myself, Terri, Ben, and Joanne (maybe Tracy) were working at the beer paddle booth. What, you ask is the beer paddle booth?? No, its not where you purchase a nice cold refreshing beverage, it is where you buy paddles and cases of beer are raffled off for $1 per paddle. When Jeff and I met, him and his buddies were playing the beer paddle game for approx 4+ hours. My dear sweet Jeff, must have donated a large sum of money to the "kids" at St. R's that night, AND accumulated lots of beer. Joanne and I helped Jeff and best-friend-Joe carry about 20 cases of beer back to Joe's parents house that night after the festival had ended. Jo and I left the house, and I began to ponder about that cute guy in the Packer hat. Lo and behold, Mrs Serbiak (also working in the booth) knew Jeff well, and I proceeded to get his phone number from her. Unbeknownst to me, Jeff was also getting MY number from Mrs Serbiak. I gave him a call a few days later and the rest is history. HOWEVER, little know fact, I actually met Jeff and "the guys" 2 years prior to that night. Jeff and best-friend-Joe invited me to his parents annual 4th of July party. I went with Terri and her family, and nobody remembers me being there. I must have made a wonderful impression that nobody (with the exception of Terri) remembers me! I find it funny, and very ironic, that we met again, same time, same place, but just 2 years later.
For the first few years (pre kids) we would work at the booth every year. It is always a great time, lots of fun, free beer, good music, and the use of indoor bathrooms!! We will not be working this year, but attending as always. Leave it to Mrs G to come through with some free pitchers :) We'll make a little run through tonight with the kids. Liesl and Joe are coming into town for the weekend and Maddy can't wait to ride some of the rides at the festival! Sat night is poker CCPL final event, a must win situation. We'll see, updates to follow!

No comments: