6.08.2008

Flowers

Ok (as promised to my friend Jenny) here are some of the flowers around the home this time of year! My peonies are in full bloom. My wish is that I could freeze them just as they are about to open fully. That is when I love peonies. They are so short lived, however, but still my favorites...



I cannot wait until our next home when I can start a vegetable garden. Where we live now, there is barely enough room to put a table and chairs, let alone a garden. When I grew up we had a huge vegetable garden...beans, peas, lettuce, tomatoes, kohlrabi, broccoli, cucumbers, and probably more but I cannot remember. We used to sneak in and pick off all the tomatoes and pea pods and eat all the raspberries. How could my parents really be upset if we were sneaking around eating vegetables??????
Next blog, we can look forward to a guest blog appearance by Jeff. He will be reviewing this past weekends storms.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oooh! Some beautiful pics! I love the ones with the drops of water on them.
I got a peoney divided from a friend. Can't wait for it next year!