6.18.2008

Happy Fathers Day

I am a few days late with this post, we had such a busy weekend. First, I want to wish a happy father's day to my 3 favorite fathers, Jeff, my dad, and Jeff's dad. What would we do without you? Jeff is such a great father to Maddy and Winn. Maddy was so excited for fathers day, she told Jeff the second he walked in the door what we got him. Unfortunately, we went shopping on friday, so she was a few days too early!
Friday Jeff was off of work, so we took advantage of the day. We ran some errands and played outside, and then met up with the Sigourney's at the festival. Maddy had such a fun time with her cousins. She pretty much went on every ride that she was "allowed" to go on. Jeff and I went on a few with her, while Liesl and Joe the rest. Most of the rides were 36 inches or accompanied by an adult. I am not exactly sure how tall she actually is, maybe pretty close. But then again, we were at south side st romans festival and the carnies could really care less if she is 36 inches tall. She wanted to ride this little Dragon roller coaster, which was labeled 48 inches, or accompanied by an adult. Now I know she can't be 48 inches so I thought she might have a hard time getting on that one. Joe and Maddy decided to go on together, so I guess Joe passed himself off as an adult. Just shy by 9 or so years...
Saturday, again the festival (the kids couldn't get enough) and then off to CCPL poker for the night. Maddy and Winn spent the night by Grampy and Grammie.
Jeff and I didn't fare well in poker. We both were knocked out before the money. Jason won again, 3rd time this season. Jeff, my dad, and I all will qualify for the play-in event for the tournament of champions. So, there is still hope. I did, however, make $42 for the bad beat jackpot. Losing my A's with King kicker to nothing other than a straight flush, are you kidding me? Ah, such is life, at least I made some sort of money that night.
Sunday, we spent some time with my mom and dad and the kids. They were great overnight, usually are, but sometimes you never know. Then we headed home for naps, which did not happen, boooooo. Then off to SRF for the final day. More rides, some music and a few beers later we were ready to call it a weekend. Back to home to rest and start the week all over again. I am exhausted.

No comments: