2.24.2009

Fingerpaint and Smoothies

Today was a day of smoothies and finger paint! No...not finger painting with smoothies as someone did suggest. I had an idea to make homemade finger paint. It was a big mess, but lots of fun. Maddy liked getting messy, as did Winn. They had lots of fun digging into the paint, and SOMETIMES getting it onto the paper!
For snack today, Maddy helped me make smoothies. Someone from work told me about this recipe for spinach banana smoothies. Now, I was not very sure of this. I like spinach, but in a smoothie, yeah right. So. I tried them last week and the kids LOVED them, and myself too.

Here is the recipe:

~1 cup vanilla yogurt
~1 cup fresh spinach
~5-6 cubes of ice
~1/2 cup apple/grape juice
~1 banana
~a few times I have put tofu in, if that creeps you out, then just skip it! Tastes the same, but just more protein in it.

Mix all together in a blender and enjoy! It IS GREEN, but the kids apparently think that is great and they keep asking for the green smoothies! If I can get anything green into Winston I am a happy person.













We occasionally visit Cranky Al's. for pizza on Friday nights. We noticed that last week they had a sign for story time on Tuesday's at 10:00am. This is my off day, so that worked out great! Today we drove there since I had a few errands to run before that, but it is so close (7 blocks) that we can walk when it gets warmer out.
The story time was great, I felt bad for the people that we just there for coffee and conversation. With 20+ kids and 20+ moms (a few dads and grandmas, you could hear nothing but kids. But that is why we went. They are a very kid friendly place! We usually order out, but sometimes its nice to get out of the house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute!