3.21.2008

MARQUETTE DAY




Today we started the day getting dressed in our MU attire. Maddy is always excited to wear her Marquette clothes... If it's a dress, she's excited! And Winston in his little MU clothes, we were ready for the big game. I planned my day accordingly, tried to wear Maddy out as best I could so there might be a chance she would take a nice nap during the game. She did, and it was great. Not like I don't like having my daughter around when there are games on (she loves watching them....Brewers, Marquette, Packers are her teams of choice), but it is nice to watch them uninterrupted, that is the catch. Well, the plan worked for the day. In fact, both Maddy and Winn napped for 3 hrs each. Imagine the luck!
Jeff was able to take the afternoon off to watch the game, so we were ready. Hoping for the first MU first round NCAA win since 2003, the glory Wade years. They were playing Univ Kentucky, who ironically, they beat in 2003 for the trip to the Final Four. Jeff and I, and Woody, were at that game. The win today was very exciting, I hope we are able to get that far this year! MU won 74-66 in a great game.
They will now advance to the 2nd round, playing Stanford, who handily beat Cornell. It should be a good game. If the cards fall right (I have poker/gambling on my mind), and MU wins, we will be in Las Vegas next Friday for the game. I am not jumping to any conclusions, but if we win, it would be a great time in Vegas.
So...I leave you all with the Marquette Fight Song. Everyone practice up so you're ready for Saturday night!!! We are!!!Ring Out Ahoya is Marquette's fight song. The lyrics, which are bit campy, are very easy to learn:

(singing)
Ring out Ahoya with an M.U.Rah Rah,
M.U.Rah Rah, M.U.Rah Rah Rah Rah Rah
Ring out Ahoya with an M.U. Rah, Rah,
M.U. Rah Rah for Old Marquette. Rah! Rah! Rah!
(chanting)
Go! Go! Go! Marquette!
Go! Go! Go! Go!
Goooooo! Goooooo! Go! Marquette!

oh yes, Wisconsin won too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

was that "wisconsin" comment a shout out for me jen??? i appreciate it!!!