1.25.2011

Running all the way to chicago

That's what was on the back of my jersey for the Icebreaker Indoor Marathon at the Pettit Ice Center this past saturday! Once again, PocketSquirrels and the Gang II, came out to chilly 40 degree ice rink/running track for the 3rd annual marathon/marathon relay. The correct answer is, the marathon relay. I did not do the marathon, nor would I choose to run 96 laps in a circle. I choose to run 24 laps in a circle instead. Holly, Tracy, Anne and myself ran our standard 10 min/mile pace, to finish in 4 hours 20 some minutes. I guess that is ok, it always seems as though we should finish faster, but this is a hard race. It is first of all very cold, especially when you run and rest, and multiply this by 20 or 30 times. It is super fun, and I will go on record that this will be an annual event.
After the race, Jeff and I headed south to Chicago for THE PACKER GAME!!!!! We got to experience the best packer game I have ever been to (outside of Lambeau Field of course). My first packer game at Lambeau was the Freeman catch against Minnesota...great game. But this, hands down, was one for the books. We had a great opportunity (thanks to Captain Bear) to attend the game at Soldier Field. Himmed and hawed for about 5 minutes, and then booked the hotel, parents could watch the kids, and we were off. The experience was great, a little nerve wrecking towards the end, but the final outcome was what we had hoped. So....anyone have any Superbowl tickets laying around that they are not using??????

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Very Cool. You're definitly NUMBER ONE FANS!