7.14.2008

More festivals...

Jeff and I took the kids to St Dominic's festival on Saturday evening. We were looking for something outside to do, and when Jeff mentioned a festival, Maddy was instantly hooked. We brought this up in the morning and she was just beside herself all day. When she woke up from her nap, she shot up and said "Are we ready to go to the festibal??" So we had to find one fast. We were going to attempt Bastille Days, but it's not too kid friendly, no rides or games or anything like that. So we googled church festivals milwaukee and came up with St Dominic's in Brookfield. We got there around 4ish and planned on feeding the kids and getting dinner there. Now Maddy remembers the rides from St Roman's festival a month or so ago. Apparently, it is the same festival group that did Romans's because Jeff recognized the carnies!! Yikes!! So Maddy and Jeff and I went on 5 rides or so, including the Bee's, the cars and teapots. It was a great time, we had a lot of fun and the kids were really good. Last time at the festival, Maddy was not too happy to leave, but this time she was great! However, on the way out, she said "The rides will be here for me when I wake up, right??" Not so much...
Sunday was golf at Kettle Hills in Germantown. We had a scramble as part of Jeff golf "league". We had 16 golfers in 4 teams of 4. On the 4th of July, I was one of four chosen to be captain. I randomly chose my dad, Anne, and Jeff as part of my team, which is pretty funny. I am pretty bad, but I still enjoy playing and being outside, and a break from kiddos is nice too! We were getting 2 strokes for 18 holes, technically the worst team! The front 9 we did really bad, but the back 9 we shot so much better. I think we had 3 birdies, which is more than any of the other teams, however we tied for last. At least we technically weren't last... All in all, it was a great time! I don't get the chance to go out and golf hardly ever, but when I get the opportunity I will jump at it. I know it's a lifelong sport, so I have lots of time to perfect my game (or at least attempt to break 120?????)
Afterwards, Jeff and I and the kids went to watch Steve Serbiak play little league. He happened to be playing at a park a few miles away from our house. We had a little picnic dinner and attempted to watch the game. Maddy had fun watching the kids play baseball. I wonder if she will be interested in playing soon, maybe next summer! Jeff would be in heaven...

No comments: