2.29.2008

Flashback to 1980, What a feeling

Jeff and I have been getting ready this past week for our 80's themed poker party this Saturday night. Last year's theme, come dressed as your favorite poker player. This year we take a trip back to the 80's! I initially started my search on e-bay and found a sweet 80's mini. I bid and won, paid, and waited patiently for my item to arrive. When it seemed like it was taking a bit longer than expected, I started to look into why it might be taking so long. To my surprise, I found that the skirt I bought was being shipped from Hong Kong, standard shipping none-the-less. So I made my trek to the Goodwill in search of the perfect outfit. I found a skirt for 3.99 and some lovely accessories to go along with the outfit. I went into Claire's for some cheap jewelry, and apparently the 80's are back in full swing (I am not a fashion plate, nor up with any trendy style), so it was pretty easy to find some jewelry there. I tell you, I will not be following this new 80's trend, as I find this style kind of ridiculous! Oh well, I'll stick with my Eddie Bauer clothing line. Anyways it should be a fun time. Hope I can top it off with a win, Jeff too of course!
Marquette (21) game tomorrow against G'Town (11), should be a great game. A friend of mine from work and her daughter are watching the kids for the MU game tomorrow. Then off to Grammie and Grandpe for an overnight for the kids. Sunday we are celebrating our niece and papa's leap year birthday. A whirlwind weekend for the Ehrhardt's, nothing new. It's strange when we actually have nothing going on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rightous, dudes and dudettes! Jenny and Jeff looked rad dressed in their 8os attire! Poker friends joined in the fun with Chewbacca, the Material Girl, a fifth ghostbuster(who knew??) preppies, and other 80s mateys! It was a fun trip dowm memory lane, but I agree with Jen, I'm glad it's no longer 'hip to be square!"
-POP